I’ve been jotting down little notes for the past month or two as to why I started with Empower Network and why I am so focused on building my portable career online with my own blog.
They have driven my choices for years but they are still super relevant today.
Here’s just a few:
- I do it for 12 pm lunch by the pool with the kids on their school breaks.
- I do it for trips to the commissary in the middle of the day when its only me and few stock clerks.
- I do it for friends who laughed at the idea of direct sales and making as much or more as I did as a consultant.
- I do it so that I can walk my daughter to school in the morning and pick her up at 2 in the afternoon.
- I do it to wear workout clothes all day. Everyday. No more navy blue suits and white blouses for me.
- I do it to be able to go to the gym after the morning rush and before the lunch rush.
- I do it for slightly swaying palm trees, blue skies and warm sun.
- I do it for a super quiet house all day.
- I do it for watching a chick-flick on a Thursday morning while everyone else is at work.
- I do it so the repair guy can show up “Whenever.”
- I do it so that I never have to write another resume.
- I do it so that I never have to explain to some HR person how awesome I am and how they would be lucky to have me for the next 2 years.
- I do it so that I can move my mother to a safer part of town. So she won’t be afraid to come home after dark anymore.
- I do it so that I really enjoy that $5 organic, fair trade, chocolate bar that they sell at the Navy Exchange.
- I do it so that my husband’s next deployment will be the last deployment, ever.
- I do it so that my kids don’t have to attend 2 or 3 high schools in 4 years.
- I do it so we never have to live through the geo-bachelor thing again.
- I do it for the “rock star” feeling I get when we have girlfriends say, “When did you get that…?”
- I do it because I believe that everyone can have what they really want.
- Watching movies every Friday and Saturday nights with the family. One of those movies was, Transformers. The super-villain, Megatron says, “Is it fear or courage that compels you, fleshling…”
- I do it for you. ‘Cause you want things that bring you inner peace and happiness. And showing you a trick or two, showing you a shortcut, being there when you start to believe that it is possible for you too, and playing even a small role in making those things become your reality is worth more than any commission.
There are so many more, but that’s a start.
What about you? What makes you tick? What makes you keep fighting for your career after every PCS? What drives you to succeed in your own business?
Leave a note in the comments section below.
Also, have you seen this yet?
To what makes us really tick,